- ECIP 001 Some Aspects of the Islamic Economy by Dr. M.N. Siddiqi.
- Collection of essays.
- PB 137 pp. $3.00
- ECIP 002 Banking Without Interest by M. Nejatullah Siddiqi.
- Demonstrates that banking institutions can operate without difficulty
on the principle of profit-sharing.
- PB 192 pp. $5.00
- ECIP 003 Economic System of Islam by S. Abul A'la Maududi tr.
Riaz Husain ed. Khurshid Ahmad.
- Collection of speeches and articles by Maududi.
- PB 310 pp. $4.00
- ECMA 004 Economics of Islam by Shaikh Mahmud Ahmad.
- Book attempts to state clearly Islamic principles in the economic field.
- HB 181 pp. $3.00
- ECIA 005 Islamic Economics: Theory & Practice (A Comparative
Study) by M.A. Mannan.
- HB 386 pp. $7.00
- ECMA 006 Economic Concepts in Islam by Kausar Niazi.
- PB 47 pp. $2.00
- ECMA 007 Islam and the Theory of Interest by Dr. Anwar Iqbal
- The author puts the theories of interest from the times of Plato to
Lord Keynes under searching criticism and expands the Islamic theory of
- HB 223 pp. $4.00
- ECKZ 008 Economic Security in Islam by Allama Yusuf al-Qardawi
tr. Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqi.
- PB 210 pp. $6.00
- ECKZ 009 Model of An Islamic Bank by Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqi.
- PB 90 pp. $2.00
- ECKB 010 Islam and Feudalism (The Economics of Riba, Interest &
Profit) by Ziaul Haque.
- HB 257 pp. $10.00
- ECIP 011 Insurance and Islamic Law by Dr. Mohammad Muslehuddin.
- PB 202 pp. $3.00
- ECKB 012 Economic Justice in Islam by S.M. Yusuf.
- The book is an attempt at bringing out the distinguishing features
of the economic system of Islam; it is concerned with concrete problems
of economic life and their solution according to the injunctions of the
- HB 116 pp. $4.00
- ECIP 013 Economic Doctrines of Islam, Vol. I-IV by Afzal-ur-Rahman.
- PB 243, 275, 273 & 424 pp. $17.00
- ECIP 014 Banking and Islamic Law by Dr. Mohammad Muslehuddin.
- PB 153 pp. $3.00
- ECIA 015 The Agrarian System of Islam by Maulana Mohammad Taqi
- HB 275 pp. $15.00
- ECIP 016 The Economic Enterprise in Islam by Dr. Muhammad Nejatullah
- PB 178 pp. $3.00
- ECIA 017 The Frontiers of Islamic Economics by M.A. Mannan.
- The book unfolds a number of key issues in Islamic economics.
- HB 207 pp. $6.00
- ECIF 018 Economic Functions of an Islamic State (The Early Experience)
by S.M. Hasanuz Zaman.
- Presents a thoroughly researched and systematic exposition on the institution
of the Bayt al-Mal in early Islam and the role of the state in the economic
- PB 392 pp. $23.50
- ECII 019 Islam and the Economic Challenge by M. Umer Chapra.
- Addresses questions of whether Islam can formulate an economic strategy
within the framework of the secularist worldview of capitalism, socialism
and the welfare state, and examines the kind of policy package Islamic
- PB 428 pp. $25.00
- ECIF 020 Issues in Islamic Banking: Selected Papers by M. Nejatullah
- Surveys recent contributions to the theory of money, banking and monetary
policy in an Islamic economy, and provides recommendations on how to eliminate
interest from the country of Pakistan.
- PB 152 pp. $10.00
- ECIP 021 Economics and Islam by Dr. Muhammad Muslehuddin.
- PB 112 pp. $3.00
- ECIF 022 Distributive Justice and Need Fulfillment in an Islamic
Economy ed. Munawar Iqbal.
- Contains some of the papers presented to the Second International Conference
on Islamic Economics held in Islamabad, 1983.
- PB 384 pp. $21.50
- ECIF 023 Islamic Economics: Annotated Sources in English and Urdu,
Vol. I & II compiled by Muhammad Akram Khan.
- PB 224, 256 pp. $31.50
- ECIF 024 Economic Concepts of Ibn Taimiyah by Abdul Azim Islahi.
- First book in English studying the economic thought of a great Islamic
scholar. Author reports and analyzes the role of the state in the economy,
public finance, money, interest, profit-sharing and prices in their historical
- PB 285 pp. $16.50
- ECIF 025 Towards A Just Monetary System by M. Umer Chapra.
- The first comprehensive study of the goals, nature and operations of
the monetary system of Islam, which has justice as one of its most indispensible
- PB 292 pp. $15.00
- ECIF 026 Studies in Islamic Economics ed. Khurshid Ahmad.
- Presents a comprehensive picture of the growth of Islamic economics,
money, interest and Qirad, interest-free banking, fiscal policy and Zakat.
- PB 390 pp. $19.00
- ECIF 027 Towards An Interest-Free Islamic Economic System by
Waqar Masood Khan.
- Investigates the implications of eliminating Riba from the financial
system and brings the problem into the realm of mainstream economics.
- PB 126 pp. $9.00
- ECIF 028 Partnership and Profit-Sharing in Islamic Law by M.
- Derives from juristic sources the four principal schools of Islamic
law and the principles which govern participatory finance and joint ventures.
- PB 110 pp. $9.50
- ECIF 029 Objectives of the Islamic Economic Order by M. Umer
- Booklet on the nature, main features and objectives of the Islamic
economic order. Discusses universal brotherhood, justice, equitable distribution
of wealth and freedom of the individual in the context of social welfare.
- PB 28 pp. $3.50
- ECIF 030 The Islamic Welfare State and Its Role in the Economy by
M. Umer Chapra.
- An exposition of the vital theme of the role of an Islamic State in
the context of social welfare and the economy.
- PB 32 pp. $3.50
- ECIF 031 Insurance in an Islamic Economy by M. Nejatullah Siddiqi.
- Discusses the nature of risks that are covered by insurance as distinguished
from gambling and reorganizing insurance in accordance with Islamic principles.
- PB 74 pp. $8.50
- ECIF 032 Muslim Economic Thinking: A Survey of Contemporary Literature
by M. Nejatullah Siddiqi.
- Comprehensive survey of Muslim economic thinking in the 20th century
in the three languages of Arabic, Urdu and English.
- PB 136 pp. $9.00
- ECIF 033 Public Duties in Islam: The Institution of the Hisba
by Ibn Taymiya
- tr. Muhtar Holland.
- An exposition of the theory of Hisba in the wider context of a just
society and an efficient market economy.
- PB 160 pp. $10.00
- ECIP 034 Islamic Economics: Some Selected Issues by A.H.M. Sadeq.
- Economic development in Islam and Islamic banking and finance are discussed
in two separate parts of the book.
- PB 179 pp. $3.50
- ECBP 035 Distribution in Macroeconomic Framework: An Islamic Perspective
ed. M. Fahim Khan.
- PB 231 pp. $12.00
- ECBP 036 Modeling Interest-Free Economy: A Study in Macro-economics
and Development by Muhammad Anwar.
- HB 119 pp. $22.00
- ECBP 037 Economic Teachings of Prophet Muhammad: A Select Anthology
of Hadith Literature on Economics by Muhammad Akram Khan.
- PB 355 pp. $16.00
- ECBP 038 The Economic and Social System of Islam by A.I. Qureshi.
- HB 135 pp. $6.00
- ECBP 039 Individual Freedom, Social Welfare and Islamic Economic
Order by Syed Nawab Haider Naqvi.
- It is argued in this essay that, in the Islamic perspective, the process
of securing individual freedom is linked directly to the conscious act
of discharging one's responsibility to help the poor in the society.
- HB 57 pp. $12.00
- ECBP 040 The Islamic Economic System: A Few Highlights by Mian
- HB 50 pp. $12.00
- ECBP 041 Islamic and Other Economic Systems by Prof. Mehr M.N.
- This book presents a general and deep review of relative economic systems
of the world.
- HB 374 pp. $18.00
- ECBP 042 A Model of A Dynamic Islamic Economy and the Institution
of Interest by Syed Nawab Haider Naqvi Asghar Qadir.
- HB 56 pp. $16.00
- ECBP 043 Principles of Islamic Economic Reform by S.N. Haider
Naqvi, H. U. Beg, Rafiq Ahmed & Main M. Nazeer.
- HB 58 pp. $6.00
- ECBP 044 On Replacing the Institution of Interest in a Dynamic Islamic
Economy by Syed Nawab Haider Naqvi.
- HB 45 pp. $12.00
- ECBP 045 Federal Shariat Court (Pakistan) Judgment on Interest.
- HB 159 pp. $10.00
- ECBP 046 A Survey of Issues and A Programme for Research in Monetary
and Fiscal Economics of Islam by Munawar Iqbal & M. Fahim Khan.
- PB 120 pp. $4.00
- ECBP 047 Islamic Banking: Conceptual Framework and Practical Operations
by Abdur Rahim Hamdi.
- By a former General Manager of the Faisal Islamic Bank, Sudan, this
paper explores not only the features of an Islamic bank but its modus operandi
- PB 25 pp. $3.00
- ECBP 048 Money And Banking in Islam by Ziauddin Ahmed, Munawar
Iqbal & M. Fahim Khan.
- This volume deals with the distinguishing characteristics of an Islamic
Economy which have a bearing on monetary and fiscal policies and the objectives
and instruments of monetary policy in an Islamic economy.
- HB 299 pp. $18.00
- ECBP 049 Fiscal Policy and Resource Allocation in Islam ed.
Ziauddin Ahmed, Munawar Iqbal & M. Fahim Khan.
- Contains proceedings from the Islamabad Seminar on Islamic Economics.
- HB 385 pp. $18.50
- ECII 050 The Economic Functions of The Early Islamic State by
Dr. S.M. Hasan-uz-Zaman.
- PB 407 pp. $8.00
- ECBP 051 Early Development of Zakat Law and Ijtihad by Mohammad
Akhter Saeed Siddiqi.
- A study of the evolution of Ijtihad in the development of the Zakat
law during 1st century A.H.
- PB 224 pp. $7.00
- ECBP 052 Ethics and Economics: An Islamic Synthesis by Syed
Nawab Haider Naqvi.
- HB 175 pp. $16.50
- ECMM 053 From Akbar to Aurangzeb: A Study in Indian Economic History
by W.H. Moreland.
- HB 364 pp. $12.00
- ECII 054 Review of Islamic Economics, Vol. 1 No. 1, 1991
- Current articles on economics; includes English and Arabic sections
(articles written in one or the other language).
- PB 144 pp. $6.50
- ECIF 055 Islam, Poverty and Income Distribution: A Discussion of
the Distinctive Islamic Approach to Eradication of Poverty and Achievement
of an Equitable Distribution of Income and Wealth by Ziauddin Ahmad.
- Portrays the Islamic approach to issues of poverty and wealth distribution
in the perspective of Islam's overall scheme for the establishment of a
just socioeconomic order.
- PB 112 pp. $10.00
- ECIF 056 Economic Development in an Islamic Framework by Khurshid
- A thought-provoking discussion of the issues fundamental to the very
nature and process of economic development in an Islamic framework.
- PB 24 pp. $3.50
- ECIF 057 Monetary and Fiscal Economics of Islam: An Outline of Some
Major Subjects for Research.
- Booklet discusses conceptual aspects of Riba, credit, saving, investment,
banking and fiscal affairs in the economies of Islam.
- PB 32 pp. $3.50
- ECMZ 557 Society and Economics in Islam by Ayatullah Sayid Mahmud
Taleghani tr. R. Campbell.
- HB 256 pp. $17.95
- ECBP 558 Research Papers on Socio-Economic System of Islam by
Malik Ghulam Murtaza.
- HB 331 pp. $12.00
- ECUT 559 Merchant Capital and Islam by Mahmood Ibrahim.
- Author argues that Islam contributed certain institutional beliefs
and practices that unblocked obstacles and helped merchants gain economic
hegemony over Western Asia.
- HB 256 pp. $28.00
- ECBD 560 Theoretical Studies in Islamic Banking and Finance by
Mohsin S. Khan & Abbas Mirakhor.
- Collection of articles regarding: the stability of traditional Islamic
system as compared to the interest-based system, the effect of the adoption
of an interest-free system on macroeconomic variables such as saving and
investment, and more.
- HB 270 pp. $29.95
- ECTT 561 Essays on Iqtisad: The Islamic Approach to Economic Problems
- PB 229 pp. 30.00
- ECIB 801 Capitalism, Socialism & Islam by Syed Abul A'ala
- PB 66 pp. $3.00
- ECIP 802 Issues in Islamic Economics by Muhammad Akram Khan.
- PB 155 pp. $3.00
- ECIP 803 The Economic Problem of Man and Its Islamic Solution
by S. Abul A'la Maududi.
- PB 44 pp. $3.00
- ECIP 804 Distribution of Wealth in Islam by Mufti Muhammad Shafi.
- PB 58 pp. $3.00
- ECHD 805 Outlines of Islamic Economics by Mahmud Abu Saud.
- PB 160 pp. $5.00
- ECAD 806 Social Justice in Islam by Shaikh M. Ahmad.
- A well-written dossier on social justice of Islam through abolition
of interest and creation of an interest-less banking structure.
- HB 118 pp. $6.00
- ECMA 807 Economic System Under Umar The Great by Irfan Mahmud
- A treatise on Muslim Economy in early seventh century.
- HB 152 pp. $5.00
- ECTA 808 Economic Development and Social Peace in Islam M. A.
- Analytical study of the economic development in the Muslim community
- PB 126 pp. $10.00
- ECIF 809 Essays in Islamic Economics M. Fahim Khan
- This book is systematic and rigorous exposition of various aspects
of the economics of Islam. These essays not only provide an overview of
the various dimensions of Islamic economics but al convincingly the viability
of the application of these concepts in the contemporary set-up.
- PB 254 pp. $24.00
- ECII 810 The Employer and the Employee - Islamic Concept by
Hakim Mohammed Said, Edtor.
- PB 128 pp. $6.00
- ECII 811 Economic Doctrines of Islam by Dr. Irfan Ul Haq.
- The book deals with the topics range from a methodological approach
to understanding Islam to the social order, political order, key economic
principles, and development and policy perspectives.
- PB 294 pp. $16.00
- ECIP 812 Social Justice in Islam by Syed Quth.
- PB 250 pp. $19.95
- ECMZ 813 Ownership In Islam by Ayatullah Taleghani.
- HB. $30.00